Tuesday, August 12, 2008

3 fold

My life is like working 3 full-time jobs.

1 as a speech-language pathologist in the largest trauma center in Manhattan
2 Helping get Kaleidoscope off the ground http://www.kineticfaction.com/
3 performing (stilting, hula hoop dancing, fire, go-go, fashion shows, etc)

Its amazing, and exhausting, and energizing all at the same time. I barely have time to eat, or sleep, or have sex. . .i run myself into the ground. Im working on finding balance. . .on chilling out in the only ways I can. In finding more time for those special people around me and for my special self.

Sometimes the entire world is at hand and you have to seize what it gives you. . .other times you have to push it away.

I have to say Im stoked for tonight though. Im performing at the Bust Magazine 15 Year Anniversary party which Amy Sedaris is MC'ing. It should be amazingly fun. . .and who knows. . .perhaps we will be in print. That would be AWESOMESAUCE** Yay****

So when the world has you pinned ... know that its okay to sit there for a second and take it all in. . . and when you find yourself in over your head. .. know that it is yourself who got you there. . .and you wouldnt be there if you couldnt handle it.

Much love and light and city.

oxoxxoxo

-=ali*

No comments: