Tuesday, June 3, 2008

MuTeK***

I have to say folks I am spinning in deluxe energy left over from the ghost rhythms of insanity, minimal techno, some hot ass dubstep and some crazy breakcore. The party of the party has been found**

To all my dear ones that have yet to make it to Mutek please put it in your priorities for next year because I saw each and everyone of you there rocking out in my head. YOU WOULD ALL GO BONKERS.

http://www.mutek.org/mtl08/ from Modeselektor to Nôze, knifehandchop to half hawaii to flying lotus. . .to kode 9 and space ape deeming my friend a "Soldieress" to music panels on copyright law and creativity. . this was a full 4 days of music education and frenzy. Dancing in the park in the rain on the river across from downtown, dancing in crazy megaclubs with an onslaught of bass taking over your body, moving despite lack of sleep and exhaustion because, yes, it is just that good.

I encourage each and everyone one of you to at least check out Mutek and if so inclined send in submissions for music and visuals for next year. I will say that while their music was hot hot hot the live visual piece could use some remodeling. When I look through still pictures the visuals look like they were amazing. . . but in real time a lot of the images were repeated and visually became stale. Well. . .except for modeselektor cause they brought their own visuals guy.

Go rock out and love you all and see you soon*

xoxoxoxo
-=ali*

Miss Firefly 2007
Miss Black Rock City 2007
Miss Everything to Infinity

No comments: