Wednesday, June 11, 2008

summer breeze

Cool breezes sneak under one-hundred year old concrete as it absorbs the sun rays from 146 million km away. I make my way gently and serenely, gliding from shadow to shadow.

A beautiful summer day in a city that slaves around the clock. I hope I am not the only one to take notice and enjoy it for the time being. Floral bouquets line shop windows, blades of grass sneak through slabs of concrete to reach out to the universe around it. Roots grip tight to hidden gravestones and non-decomposing goods from the early 20th century, which added miles to Manhattan.

Store fronts are swept and hosed down each morning to wash away the urine and excretions of humans and their pets from the full 24 hours before. I always know when Im late because the flower shop on University place is already cleaned up and ready to go . . .by the time I should be at work.

Coffee brewed by the cup by groovy californian espresso-master creates smiles and eye opening to all of the people who took the time to duck into the 4 square feet of customer space on 7th street. Sweet little thing, frothy and delecious, perks up my taste buds and my morning.

Breathe in breezy breaths
for a moment that doesn taste the taint of pollution
only the cool refreshment of past summer rain

The experience washes away the gruesome ending of last night where the 1/4inch side tip of my finger was ripped from my hand.

sauntering into work 2.5 hours late to deal with the pain and the clotting has made a genuine improvement to my day.

Cheers and wellness folks.

-=ali*

No comments: